The Cleveland Print Room is seeking member submissions for our 2014 Members Showcase: Off The Wall, December 5 - December 20, highlighting the work of the valued members of our organization.
This show is open exclusively to current members of the Cleveland Print Room. This is a free, non-juried exhibition to showcase the work of our valued members.
All members may submit at least one original photographic work for this exhibition. Non-members who are interested in participating in the Members Showcase may join at our standard membership rates (Individual: $35; Student: $20; Individual+one: $50; Family: $75; Friend of CPR: $100; CPR Sponsor: $250) when dropping off work for the show.
“OFF THE WALL”
The show title explains the manner in which the work will be sold during the exhibit. Each member is asked to submit one or two photographic pieces. At least one will be hung and when one work sells, the second piece will be added to the gallery walls for sale. The weekend of the opening, Saturday & Sunday, December 6 and 7, is the ArtCraft Holiday Sale. During this once-a-year event, we open our doors at the Print Room to over one thousand art patrons hoping to find that special piece for the holidays. Thus, we will be selling members’ work directly off the walls.
Drop-off of Work: Thursday November 20 through Saturday November 22, and Tuesday November 25 between 12:00 and 6:00 p.m.
Exhibition Dates: December 5 - December 20, 2014
CPR Potluck Mixer: Tuesday December 9, 2014 6:30-8:30 p.m. (bring-a-dish meet & greet).
Opening Night Reception: Friday December 5, 2014 5-9 p.m.
Pick up work: Saturday December 20, Monday December 22, and Tuesday, December 23, 12-6 p.m.
All current members of the Cleveland Print Room are eligible to submit two original photographs for this exhibition.
• Work must be delivered during the above listed dates
• One half of the form must be attached to your work and the other handed to the CPR representative upon drop-off.
• Each entrant must sign & date a CPR Artist’s Agreement form.
• Participants may join or renew upon drop-off if they do not have a current membership and will be allowed at that time to submit their work for this exhibition. Please be prepared to complete a membership form and provide a check or credit card information for membership fee if this is the case.
WORKS ACCEPTED FOR EXHIBITION
Work accepted for exhibition must meet the following criteria:
• Have been created within the last 5 years.
• All works must be properly framed and securely wired, ready for hanging.
• Cannot exceed 24” x 24” including framing and mounting. However, size criteria can be subject to discussion.
• Be clearly labeled with a completed and attached Members Showcase Entry Form.
• Preferably be for sale. CPR will retain 30% commission from works sold. Artists’ checks will be mailed within 30 days after the exhibition closes.
• Must arrive no later than 6 p.m. on Tuesday, November 25, 2014.
Please contact Shari with any issues about these requirements.
Decisions made by CPR concerning eligibility are final. CPR reserves the right to refuse any artwork due to content, any work it considers too fragile or heavy to exhibit, or that has extraordinary installation requirements. Prior to submission, please address eligibility questions to:email@example.com
PICKUP OF ARTWORK AFTER EXHIBIT
• Unsold work must be picked up on Saturday December 20, Monday December 21, or Tuesday December 22 during the hours of 12-6pm.
• All works not retrieved by the pick-up dates will be placed in storage at the artist’s risk and expense. There is a $10/day storage fee for works not retrieved by the above-listed dates. All works not retrieved within 30 days following the close of the exhibition are subject to disposal at the discretion of CPR including public auction or donation.
If you are unsure about the status of your membership or if you have any questions about the benefits of CPR membership or joining, again please contact Shari at firstname.lastname@example.org
ARTCRAFT BUILDING HOLIDAY SALE
The ArtCraft Building Holiday Sale is right around the corner — Saturday & Sunday, December 6 & 7 — and we are offering table space for our members to sell their photography. In addition to our Members Showcase, we will have tables set up in our gallery for members who want to sell additional work, camera equipment, or other photo-oriented items and accessories. The cost for one 6′ table is $25 for one day, or $40 for both days of the sale, which runs from 10am – 7pm on Saturday, and 11am – 5pm on Sunday. During the ArtCraft Holiday Sale, we regularly have over 1,000 visitors through our doors. It’s an exciting opportunity to get your work seen, and potentially make some extra money for the holidays! Space is limited, so call to reserve your table today! (216) 401-5981
The Cleveland Print Room opened in January, 2013 as a non-profit community darkroom that fosters a greater appreciation of analog photography within Northeast Ohio by offering the community a space where photo enthusiasts can learn, create, interpret, connect, discuss and exhibit their work.
The Cleveland Print Room’s mission: Advance the art and appreciation of the photographic image in all its forms by providing affordable access to a community darkroom and workspace, gallery exhibitions, educational programs and collaborative outreach.
Cleveland Print Room
• 2550 Superior Avenue
• Cleveland, OH 44107